My quest for work productivity and physical improvement never ends and 2019 was very challenging & rewarding. I believe in pushing myself to the maximum in all facets of life. Sometimes past them and finding new boundaries. Nothing clears my head and provides clarity to make solid decisions like a couple hours out in nature.
Been a busy year! Here is a quick re-cap on what I’ve been up to.
Work: 2Roads expanded rapidly and consistently in outer space. Rockets, Satellites, Weapon Systems, National Security Programs, Communication Systems – you name it. We have some really cool clients who have become great long term partners. The talent market continues to enjoy all-time high salaries and demand. I see no end in sight to this trend. Our team has adapted to a candidate driven market and we are educating our client partners to today’s reality. I look forward to watching our team learn and prosper – nothing is better then watching my teammates kick ass.
Family: My son Eli grew stronger, smarter and thrived in water polo. Daughter, Abbey continues to dominate in DC at American U and led the school’s club swim team. Wifey, Erin was a bit banged up with foot ligament surgery, but still managed to squeeze out podium spartan and triathlon races. Abbey & Erin highlighted our summer by relay-swimming from Catalina Island to Long Beach. 26 miles in the ocean in the middle of the night – Crazy Awesome!!
As a family, we try to give our time and rally support for causes we are close to. Challenged Athletes Foundation (CAF), Long Beach Rescue Mission, Up & Running Again, Alzheimer’s Organization & Children Today. We look forward to working our hardest for their benefit in the upcoming year.
Me: My non-work & family time was spent up on mountain trails testing my running & mental limits. I spent countless hours running the trails, climbing hills and thinking about lots of stuff. Over and over again!! Nothing clears my head and gives me to the time to formulate ideas like enjoying nature and pushing myself past old limits and searching for new ones.
Here is my racing re-cap. A bit obsessive to say the least……..
- Jan 20 – Carlsbad Half Marathon
- March 2 – Griffith Park Marathon – Trail
- March 17 – Irvine Half Marathon
- March 30 – Valencia Half Marathon – Trail
- Apr 7 – Pasadena 5 miler – Trail
- Apr 13 – Zion 50k – Trail
- May 5 – OC Half Marathon
- May 11 – El Moro 25k – Trail
- May 18 – Malibu Creek 22k – Trail
- May 27 – Memorial Day Half Marathon – Laguna
- June 1 – Wrigley Run – 10k
- June 8 – San Fran Lantern 10k
- June 23 – Hermosa Beach Tri
- June 29 – Black Mountain 50k – Trail
- July 6 – Angeles Trail 60k
- July 25 – OC Trail Run 5k
- July 27 – Cypress 10k
- Aug 1 – OC Trail Run 5k
- Aug 4 – DHT Triathlon
- Aug 10 –Tribeathlon
- Aug 17 – China Peak – 50k DNF
- Sept 2 – Conquer the Bridge – 5 miler
- Sept 8 – Xterra 13k – Laguna Beach
- Sept 15 – Trail Joy 15k
- Sept 21 – Homeboy 5k
- Oct 6 – Monrovia Canyon 30k
- Oct 13 – LB Half Marathon.
- Oct 19 – No Moon Trails 30k
- Oct 27 – Lake Hodges 50k
- Nov 2 – IWC – 25K – Trails
- Nov 2 – Joshua Tree 1/2 marathon night race
- Nov 9 – Griffith Park 30k Trails
- Nov 16 – Catalina Half Marathon
- Nov 23 – Seal Beach Turkey 10k
- Nov 24 – Xterra Topanga 15k
- Nov 27 – AREC 5k –
- Dec 1 – Elves on Trails – Half Marathon
- Dec 7 – Ray Miller 50 miler
- Dec 15 – Holiday Half Marathon
Hermosa Beach 5k Swim Race – this almost killed me!!
Sort of sad to see 2019 go, but fired up for 2020. Being of Service to Othrs, New challenges and kick ass adventures. Lets do this!!
Happy New Year – BV